Choosing a Mesothelioma Cancer Clinic
For those with an asbestos related disease, the right mesothelioma cancer clinic can be crucial to the proper care and treatment of their disease. While there are many cancer and mesothelioma treatment clinics in the United States around the world, you need to find the one that will best fit your needs and concerns as well as one that is properly experienced and licensed.
Asking the Right Questions about a Mesothelioma Cancer Clinic
When you begin looking at clinics for treatment of mesothelioma, there are a few essential questions to ask:
- Does the cancer clinic have all of the resources necessary for diagnosis and treatment at their location? Some clinics can treat mesothelioma cancer but arent fully equipped on site for all phases of care. They may need to send lab work out or use other facilities for certain phases of treatment. This can slow down the process, which can cause critical delays in treatment of a cancer that is often already quite advanced.
- Does the American Cancer Society recognize the clinics treatment regimen and services? The ACS is the United States premier cancer information and support organization. If they have concerns about the mesothelioma cancer clinic you are considering or do not recognize the validity of some of the cancer clinics programs, you should investigate further.
- Is the clinic a member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers? The ACCC has 500 member hospitals and clinics that are recognized for their exceptional treatment of mesothelioma and other cancers.
- What percentage of the staff is professional versus non-professional? If the mesothelioma cancer treatment clinic youre considering has turned to non-professional support staff for many functions normally given to professional nurses or health care professionals, it may be a cost-cutting measure you dont want to rely on.
- Will you be working with the cancer clinics same health care team members over time? Continuity of mesothelioma treatment is important both for your own comfort and to ensure that each person treating you is fully and completely familiar with your specific case. A good mesothelioma cancer treatment clinic will have a health care team dedicated to you that may have several members, but these individuals should remain constant over the course of your treatment.
Remember that your very life depends on the mesothelioma doctors and the quality of care you receive, so dont be afraid to ask as many questions as you think are necessary when choosing a health care facility for your treatment. The best mesothelioma cancer clinic will be more than happy to answer all of your questions in detail.
Return from Mesothelioma Cancer Clinic to the Mesothelioma Cancer Home Page