Medical and Legal Advice for Mesothelioma Cancer Victims
Mesothelioma cancer has become a medical crisis in the last few decades, causing pain, suffering and loss for thousands of families. This virulent form of cancer was virtually unheard of before the Industrial Revolution but today mesothelioma lung cancer is being diagnosed in more people every year.
Mesothelioma cancer is caused by asbestos exposure in almost all cases, tying it directly to the manufacture and use of products containing asbestos fibers. Unfortunately, there are still thousands of products being manufactured and used in the United States today that contain asbestos. In fact, the history of asbestos reflects clearly the incredible dangers of this material, yet it is still being used today.
The Mesothelioma/Asbestosis Link
Mesothelioma cancer isn’t the only debilitating or deadly disease caused by exposure to asbestos. In fact, many individuals are diagnosed with mesothelioma after they have already suffered from asbestosis, a chronic lung disease that causes shortness of breath because of scarring of lung tissue. Asbestosis symptoms develop slowly and patients often don’t get treatment as early as they should in order to alleviate their discomfort. Many people who contract asbestosis develop mesothelioma lung cancer later in life.
Mesothelioma asbestos cancer is one of the deadliest forms of cancer today, with a mortality rate so high that eight out of ten of those diagnosed pass away within a year of their diagnosis. Because of this distressing statistic and the close link between asbestosis and mesothelioma, anyone with the former disease must be monitored closely at all times so that mesothelioma lung and abdominal cancer can be caught as early as possible.
Mesothelioma Treatment Options
Once diagnosed with mesothelioma cancer, a patient will generally talk to his or her doctors about the various treatment options available. Any treatment chosen is aimed at prolonging life expectancy and improving the comfort of the patient, since there is currently no known cure for mesothelioma, although traditional treatments can reduce the amount of cancer in the body.
The three most common mesothelioma treatment options are surgery to remove cancerous areas, chemotherapy to attack the cancerous cells and radiation therapy to kill cancer cells. More individuals today are also looking into alternative treatments such as herbal medications for improving their quality of life and improving comfort, although none of these have been proven to reduce the level of mesothelioma present in the body.
The Importance of Mesothelioma Cancer Legal Representation
If you have been diagnosed with either mesothelioma lung cancer or asbestosis, you should seek legal representation as soon as possible. Because both of these diseases are caused by exposure to asbestos, you have the legal right to compensation ranging from medical expenses to punitive damages. Thousands of companies have used (or are still using) asbestos, exposing millions of individuals to this dangerous material even after studies proved its toxic nature. These same companies must be made to compensate you for your pain and suffering.
Mesothelioma and asbestosis legal information can be easily found on the Internet and in books and magazines. This information can be overwhelming and very confusing, however, and should be explained to you by an expert who has plenty of experience in this area of the law. Fortunately, you can find law firms who specialize in asbestos law suits and protecting the rights of those with mesothelioma cancer, freeing you up to focus on the important task of getting better.
Resources | Add URL | Site Map
- Mesothelioma Asbestos Cancer Explained
- Types of mesothelioma asbestos cancer, malignant and end stage mesothelioma.
- Mesothelioma Asbestos Diseases Explained
- Educate yourself on the different types of mesothelioma asbestos diseases. Malignant pleural mesothelioma, esophageal mesothelioma cancer and benign mesothelioma explained.
- Causes of Mesothelioma Asbestos Cancer
- The long latency period between causes of mesothelioma and final diagnosis. Cause of pleural and peritoneal mesothelioma, asbestos exposure and smoking.
- Diagnosis of Mesothelioma Symptoms – Pleural & Peritoneal Mesothe
- Mesothelioma symptoms explained. Have you been exposed to asbestos? Don’t delay correct diagnosis of pleural, peritoneal and pericardial mesothelioma cancer symptoms.
- Mesothelioma Stages & Asbestos Cancer Info
- The four mesothelioma stages determine advance of cancer. Butchard and TNM mesothelioma staging systems explained.
- Mesothelioma Diagnosis, Tests and Procedures
- How your physician gathers the evidence needed to make a conclusive mesothelioma diagnosis using chest x-rays, CT scans, MRI and biopsies.
- Mesothelioma Treatment Options to Consider
- Conventional and new mesothelioma treatment options for asbestos cancer patients. Mesothelioma surgery, pleurodesis, chemotherapy, radiation and immune system therapies.
- Alternative Mesothelioma Treatment & Therapies
- Promising alternative mesothelioma treatment options and therapies include immune system enhancers, infectious agents and photodynamic therapy.
- Are You Eligible for Mesothelioma Clinical Trials?
- The asbestos victim’s guide to mesothelioma clinical trials. How clinical trials work, examples of cancer trials such as alpha lipoic acid for mesothelioma, cancer trial resources.
- Mesothelioma Cancer Help & Resources
- Asbestosis and mesothelioma cancer help, mesothelioma cancer information brochures, legal help for veterans with asbestosis and members of the Coast Guard.
- Mesothelioma Doctors & Treatment Centers
- Get to know the mesothelioma doctors and specialists trained in treating asbestos cancer. Oncologists, pulmonologist, thoracic surgeons, pathologist and asbestos lung cancer treatment centers.
- Asbestosis Symptoms – Your Questions Answered
- Asbestosis symptoms can be hard to identify as they often resemble other more minor disorders. Causes of asbestosis, stages of asbestosis.
- The History of Asbestos - a History of Problems
- The history of asbestos dates back to the Greek and pre-Roman era. The industrial revolution, early uses of asbestos and the 1960s, a turning point for the industry.
- Asbestos Industry Health Risks and Cover-Ups
- The asbestos industry is a powerful, wealthy block of corporations. Early industrial cover-ups of the danger of asbestos; how the industry protects its interests.
- Not All Asbestos Products Completely Banned
- Exposure to asbestos products may cause diseases such as mesothelioma, asbestosis and lung cancer. The industry is now strictly regulated, but there are still hundreds of products containing asbestos
- Asbestos Exposure Affected by Several Factors
- Asbestos exposure in any way, shape or form has the potential to permanently damage your health. Asbestos related occupations are not the only source of exposure.
- Mesothelioma Stats – A Disturbing Trend in Cancer Statistics
- Mesothelioma stats reveal a disturbing trend. Asbestosis and mesothelioma cancer statistics reflect a steady rise in new cases despite reduction of asbestos use in the U.S.
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Legal Information
- Be sure you hire a lawyer who is a specialist in asbestos legal information. Get help filing a mesothelioma legal claim. How to choose a law firm specializing in asbestosis legal services.
- Asbestos Legislation Doesn’t Protect Like It Should
- Find out why no asbestos legislation has been successfully passed that would guarantee compensation to mesothelioma and asbestosis victims. Examples of tampering by various lobbying groups.
- Key Cases of Asbestos Litigation
- Hire a law firm who knows asbestos litigation inside-out. As a victim of asbestosis or mesothelioma you have legal precedence on your side in many cases.
- Mesothelioma Trial Lawyers and Defense Attorneys
- Not all mesothelioma trial lawyers have equal qualifications. Four questions you should ask your asbestos trial lawyer or defense attorney.
- Asbestos Mesothelioma Resources & Links - Mesothelioma-Adviser.com
- Asbestos mesothelioma resources and links to websites offering further information on mesothelioma and asbestosis.
- Site Map - Mesothelioma-Adviser.com
- Browse our site map to find the information you are looking for. Medical and legal information on mesothelioma cancer and asbestosis.
- Mesothelioma Cancer Blog - What's New?
- Keep up-to-date on the latest asbestos-related medical treatments and legislation when you subscribe to the Mesothelioma Cancer Blog.
- About This Site - Mesothelioma-Adviser.com
- This site is our way of giving you a head start on understanding not only mesothelioma, but its treatment and your legal options.
- Disclaimer - Mesothelioma-Adviser.com
- Read our disclaimer before using this site! Always get professional assistance, both legal and medical, before you make a decision affecting your health and well-being.
- Compensation Disclosure - Mesothelioma-Adviser.com
- Compensation Disclosure for Mesothelioma-Adviser.com